Welcome!

Welcome to the FunkyPinks Blog!

This is where I provide updates on my latest products, share news and updates with you all.

Please take the time to follow my blog so you can keep up to date with all things FunkyPinks!

Monday 24 February 2014

Who was St Patrick anyway?

Every year I love making St. Patrick's Day themed jewellery, but I don't know what it is exactly that I love about it.

Maybe it's the brash green & gold colours, the genetically modified clovers, or maybe it's the excessive merriment that's now become associated with this Irish patron Saint.

Many people that celebrate St. Patrick's Day don't even know why he's so famous throughout the world. I wanted to find out for myself, so I did a bit of research.

I'm by no means an expert historian, and to be honest, who can really know for sure? Here is my fun version (you'll notice the facts are less than informative):
 He was born in Britain, like ages ago.
  • He was taken to Ireland as a prisoner - sad times
  • He escaped - better times
  • Heard the voice of God telling him to leave Ireland and become a Priest
  • Left Ireland
  • Became a Priest
  • Went back to Ireland to convert the pagan Irish to Christianity
  • Did some stuff with bonfires
  • Scared some snakes away
  • Added a sun symbol to what is now known as the celtic cross
  • Invented Guinness (alright I made that bit up)
  • Apparently died on March 17th 460 A.D (ish)

That's my version anyway, if you want some better informed information I suggest you google it for yourself! This is a good place to start:

Now you've had your history lesson for today, check out my very green & gold, four leaf clover specials!



   

All for sale in my Etsy Store and my website!

 Shop on the FunkyPinks Website



No comments:

Post a Comment